Bregan Daerthe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Where does your character's name comes from?

Go down 
+9
Evil
hobbe
longarrow
Hayai
Admin
Nitrox
Foewiin
Nixvitae
Bahram
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Bahram

Bahram

Where does your character's name comes from? Empty
PostSubject: Where does your character's name comes from?   Where does your character's name comes from? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 2:45 pm

Would be really awesome to check everyone's character's names that way,would be fun Very Happy
Gonna post later on for all my characters,going with Caela on a SL run atm :p
Back to top Go down
Nixvitae
Admin
Nixvitae

PostSubject: Re: Where does your character's name comes from?   Where does your character's name comes from? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 3:04 pm

Good topic! Interesting to find out how people came by their names Smile

Salicylal; Came about because I had a headache when she was created. She is a NE Druid so it followed that a "natural" remedy for my affliction at the time would be a fitting name.
Salicylal; Dereived from Salicylic, as in acetyl salicylic acid - active ingredient in aspirin. (Naturaly occurring among other places, in the sap of willow trees).

Nixvitae; She's a warlock! Warlocks are "the bane of all life" according to Blizzard.
Nix; German or English meaning "no" or "nothing". Vitae; Latin meaning "life". Fitting no? Wink

Suxtobebank; Self explanatory I would think Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Foewiin

Foewiin

PostSubject: Re: Where does your character's name comes from?   Where does your character's name comes from? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 4:30 pm

Foewin = I win over all of my Foes. Just so Paladin HAHA, Isn't it ? Wink
Back to top Go down
Bahram

Bahram

PostSubject: Re: Where does your character's name comes from?   Where does your character's name comes from? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 9:06 am

really awesome names Very Happy keep 'em coming ! gonna post soon about all my characters as well,just need to find time to escape from the pile of books Sad
Back to top Go down
Nitrox

Nitrox

PostSubject: Re: Where does your character's name comes from?   Where does your character's name comes from? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 12:09 pm

Nitrox comes from my working envirement. I work in a chemical factory and one of the products is nitrophosphor acid.
I shortened this into Nitro but that name was already taken. The solution was just adding an extra "x" Wink

Urco comes from the movie or the series "The planet of the Apes". He's the military leader of the Ape-fraction.

Altus needs no real explanation i guess Wink. He's just another slacking alt.
Back to top Go down
Nixvitae
Admin
Nixvitae

PostSubject: Re: Where does your character's name comes from?   Where does your character's name comes from? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 1:05 pm

So your real name Nit is; (NH4)2HPO4 plus an added O2 ? lol!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where does your character's name comes from?   Where does your character's name comes from? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 2:17 pm

Caela: just made that up
Milayna: made that up
Krilliana : made that up
Niskie: from a book, she was a seacreature that was damned to walk the earth. So she decided to help the humans by guiding them trough the water, singing to keep the evil waterspirits away.
Alanoar: the blue eyes and silver hair made me think of a french stuck up girl :p
Back to top Go down
https://bregan-daerthe.yoo7.com
Nitrox

Nitrox

PostSubject: Re: Where does your character's name comes from?   Where does your character's name comes from? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 2:22 pm

Lol you could say that too Nix but then it's start sounding like R2D2 from Star Wars lol!

Ooh i thought Caela came from a song: "Caela woman". Can't remember what artist that was.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where does your character's name comes from?   Where does your character's name comes from? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 2:26 pm

I posted it under Andrakars name lol so Ill explain some of his names as well. lol!

Andrakar: Made up
Vaenor: Made up
Sir Acolon: Knight of the round table
Crolm the barbarian: Made up
Jarlaxle the rogue: From the Salvatore- forgotten realms book. Jarlaxle was in a guild called Bregan D'aerthe.
Back to top Go down
https://bregan-daerthe.yoo7.com
Hayai

PostSubject: Re: Where does your character's name comes from?   Where does your character's name comes from? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 10:59 pm

I have quite a few charas and my firsts i rolled 3 years back have some japanese influence. My bro did some studies in the language and the interest rubbed off a bit.

Hayai, my rogue.. which means Swift, I found quite fitting
Kasai, my huntress, means Fire
Ankoku, my shadowpriest, which means Shadow

Anereth, my feral druid, is a name i made up by connecting my own name, Anne with reth ^^;; I win the originality prise with that
Eaven is my wee lvl 42 pala, which i need to give some love soon again too tbh. I think I'll give my firstborn daughter this name ... me like ^^;;
Felesin, lock in the making, derived from Felisin, a figure in Malazan book of the Fallen (book I still need to finish.. so much to do so little time)
Ignisis, current bank chara, to be some spec Shamom, if i am well the name is from a goddess of thunder

I even have some more charas on this realm but meh ^^;;
Back to top Go down
longarrow

longarrow

PostSubject: longarrow   Where does your character's name comes from? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2008 5:14 pm

longarrow, i thought of tihs cause i wanted a funny sounding name xD

theone, my druid alt . he is theone xD

lazilcho. i got futurama its the name of another robot similar to bender rendeer lol! flower
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Subject: Where does your character's name comes from?   Where does your character's name comes from? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 9:09 am

All my char names are imagined by me, I do write some stories, so I have to create those names.

My main, Tuir has no speacial meaning, just its a dwarf prince from a great and ancient kingdom. Altough I gave the name Tuir to the head of an Axe which is held by each king of the dwarven ppl.

Caliedhe, my alt paladin, is actually from a game called The Gorgon's Alliance, Birthright (from the D&D company), and its full name is Caliedhe Dosiere, which is the keeper of the Iron Throne of Anuire. Its a cool strategy game, one of the first to have the D&D adventure mode.

Amitta, my shaman alt, is actually a name I like very much :p its cute and short: Amita. (dont know if it means anything in your languages, but it sounds cute to me).

Akkademar, another paladin alt (i love palas), comes from Akkad, and it was a city and a civilization. I searched for a way to lenght the name to make him more rememberable, and ended like it is now... although I saw after its kinda dificult to write it... :p

Verinha, a druid, well, this one was created by a friend of mine, from when I let him try the game, and its a real name from a real girl he liked. The name is Vera, and Verinha is like Annie to Ann.

Liraeth, an warlock alt, on horde, is also created by me, and its an elven Kingdom.

So I quite like to invent names that sound cool and rememberable. :p
Back to top Go down
hobbe

hobbe

PostSubject: Re: Where does your character's name comes from?   Where does your character's name comes from? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 11:20 am

many of the names on my chars i just write something, but on Hobbe i actually tooked it from a swedish magazine, "Calle Och Hobbe" och=and
Back to top Go down
Evil

Evil

PostSubject: Re: Where does your character's name comes from?   Where does your character's name comes from? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 11:48 am

Evilthief: I am evil! And a thief (Pickpocket FTW)
Evilhinata: In one of the naruto episode's there is an Evilhinata, i loved that ^^
So i made a char called Evilhinata
Eviltotemist: Evil+Shaman=Eviltotemist
Octosapien: Its an octopus! Its a human! Noo its octosapien!
Loempiaklaam: ^.^ Lol Andra/Mil Razz
Back to top Go down
Nixvitae
Admin
Nixvitae

PostSubject: Re: Where does your character's name comes from?   Where does your character's name comes from? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 12:11 pm

Ok the loempia part I understand Smile but what does klaam mean?
Back to top Go down
Caela

Caela

PostSubject: Re: Where does your character's name comes from?   Where does your character's name comes from? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 1:12 pm

Andra and me have a twinkguild guild called: Chinese takeout
Now, to give this guildname some spice we came up with names that compliment the guildname.

- Loempiaklaam = Eggroll stand (but said in a chinese way how they say it in the Netherlands)
- Sambalbeij = Sambal is a spicy "sauce" that you can eat with your chinese food, beij just means "with" so its "sauce with (that)"?
- Wittelijst = White rice said the way chinese people here in the Netherlands say it as they cant speak proper dutch Razz
Back to top Go down
Elwe

Elwe

PostSubject: Re: Where does your character's name comes from?   Where does your character's name comes from? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 9:05 pm

since the signature site is up again, i just wanna see my new sig
cherry
Back to top Go down
Moominz

Moominz

PostSubject: Re: Where does your character's name comes from?   Where does your character's name comes from? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 10:55 pm

Moominz came from a sort of swedish "fairytale character" called the Mumintroll, it's a kinda funny looking creature with a Finnish accent^^ It just looks awesome, and sort of stupid, so I just messed around with it a bit and came up with "Moominz"
Back to top Go down
Eego

Eego

PostSubject: Re: Where does your character's name comes from?   Where does your character's name comes from? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 1:16 am

Eego = Made up
Snile = its a swedish word for somone thats slow or stupide
Överkörd = swedish word for i got ran over
Zartwhit = was supose to be "Zwartwhit" that mean Black and white in my swedish dialekt
Scoren = its a shorted word for Sorcerer from a old game i use to play
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where does your character's name comes from?   Where does your character's name comes from? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Where does your character's name comes from?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bregan Daerthe :: General Forum :: General Discussion-
Jump to: